Our flagship Hombre Muerto West (HMW) Project comprises exploration permits covering approximately 11,600 hectares. The HMW Project is located in the geological province of Puna, 90 km north of the town of Antofagasta de la Sierra, and to the west and south of the Salar del Hombre Muerto in Argentina. It boasts exceptional projected economics as outlined in its updated 2021 Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA):
- Low-risk, proven process technology
- Expected 20 ktpa Li2CO3 over +40 year life
- Unlevered pre-tax NPV8% of US$2,193M
- IRR of 37.5% with <3 year payback period
- Only 60% of Indicated Resource utilised in PEA – substantial output and life upside
Pilot Plant operations are rapidly advancing with the completion of an initial 5,000m2 evaporation pond, followed by successful pond evaporation testing from May 2022. Long term well pump testing has produced high-flow, high-grade results to date and an expansionary diamond drilling exploration program is ongoing. A Definitive Feasibility Study on the development of the HMW Project is scheduled for completion in Q1, 2023.